Monday, October 23, 2006

Things I've done that I might not have if my husband were here

Things I’ve done that I might not have if my husband were here

1) Sep up the TV, VCR, amp, and cable
2) Programmed a universal remote
3) Put my clothes in both sides of the dresser instead of squishing them into just half
4) Assembled a table
5) Slept alone for 39 days and counting
6) Watched Gilmore girls every Tuesday without argument (for once!)
7) Ate cereal for breakfast and dinner
8) Used the power-drill…twice

Being alone provides some unique opportunities and helps you discover new interests. I liked the buzz of the power drill, the burn in my arm from the weight up over my head. I like having ultimate, un-interrupted, guilt-free control of the remote. I like having time to plant a garden, to use the shovel. I decidedly don’t like spending nights alone on the couch, but that has pushed me into new activities, more involvement, and there is nothing wrong with more distractions.

2 Comments:

At November 27, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I found your blog through Sandbox. I've only had a minute to read your first two posts here and you sound a lot like I did! I have uttered some of those same words on many occasions. Thanks to your husband for his service - and to you for supporting him.

We, too, found out a possible impending deployment from the newspaper.

My best to all of you.

 
At April 30, 2007, Blogger NAVYwidow said...

Been there done that. Spents months alone. But made it thur. It is amazing what we can do when left to our own devises....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home